Values on different data levels can be locked for any chosen period of time. This prevents users from making any unintended changes to the values of the locked time period. The locking affects all users and thus prevents all changes in values. This includes users with extensive rights, such as administrators. If necessary, the lock can be removed or the locked time period can be changed after which the necessary changes to the values can be made. When the changes have been made the lock can be restored. Locking a data level prevents changes in values manually, by data transfer, program calculations, and by copying and clearing functions.
Locking can be done for example for actuals from previous years or budget figures when the budget is completed. The budget may also be kept locked in for a moment in order to carry out a mid-term review.
To lock data levels, the user must have administrator rights. Data levels can be locked for the entire database or only for a specific organizational unit.
Note! When copying values to a data level, the destination data level must be unlocked from the time period to be copied.
Locking a data level throughout the organization and database
Locking data levels for all organizational units in the entire database is done on the Data Levels page. The Data Levels page can be accessed from Administration menu, under Data Levels.
To edit the data level lock, hover over the data level row in the Actions column and click the edit icon.
Select 'Locked' and specify the time period in the 'From' and 'To' fields
- If the field 'From' is left blank all months up to and including the 'To' period are locked
- If the 'To' field is left blank all months from the 'From' period onwards (including the 'From' month) are locked
- If both 'From' and 'To' fields are left blank the data level is locked for all time periods
Activate the data level lock by pressing the 'Save' button or 'Enter' on the keyboard.
Locking a database for specific organizational unit
Locking data levels only for specific organizational units is done on the Organization page. The Organization page can be accessed from the Administration menu under Organisation
You can change the data level lock by moving the cursor to the row of the chosen organizational unit and double-clicking the content of the cell in the Locked Levels column.
Select the data Level to be locked and specify the time period in the "Locked from" and "Locked To" fields next to it.
- If the field 'Locked from' is left blank all months up to and including the 'Locked To' period are locked
- If the 'Locked To' field is left blank all months from the 'Locked from' period onwards (including the 'Locked from' month) are locked
- If both 'Locked from' and 'Locked To' fields are left blank the data level is locked for all time periods
Activate the data level lock by pressing the 'OK' button.