There is a function in Navita for copying data between data levels. This can be used, for example, to copy data from the Actual and Budget data levels to the Forecast data level. Values can also be copied from one period of time to another (time shift); for example, when copying Actual/Forecast data from previous months as the basis for a new budget.
The data copy function copies the chosen month's change figures, not the balance sheet values for the balance sheet accounts. When copying balance sheet accounts, the option ‘Adjust Balances’ should be used – this option ensures that the starting balance sheet values from the beginning of the period to be copied are transferred as a starting balance sheet values to the first month of the period where the values are attached.
If copying is done in two or more parts - for example, the Actuals from the first months of a year and Budget values from the rest of year are copied to Forecast data level - the ‘Adjust Balances’ option is only necessary for the first copy if the balance sheet account values (i.e. change figures) are also copied and you want the balance sheet in the forecast to match the values of initial starting balance sheet. For the second copy (rest of the year's budget as forecast for the rest of the year), balance sheet reconciliation should not be used (otherwise, in the middle of the forecast year, the balance sheet is reconciled with the budgeted balance sheet at the time of the second copy).
Below is an example of copying data from the forecast data level to the next year's budget.
1. Select units/ cost centers to copy
- In this example, the entire company is copied. Copying takes place at the lowest levels (cost centers) of the selected organizational unit.
- It is also possible to choose one or more cost centers
2. Specify the period of time to copy (mm.yyyy)-(mm.yyyy)
3. Specify the destination month which is the first month of the values to be attached
- This is the month starting from which you want the copy result to be directed. The number of months to copy depends on the period of time set in the previous section, which is why the period is not specified separately
4. Select the accounts you want to copy
- In this example, the income statement accounts are selected - copying is performed within the account group selected at the account level
- It is also possible to select individual accounts
5. It is recommended to use the option ‘Adjust Balances’ when copying balance sheet accounts – this option ensures that the starting balance sheet values from the beginning of the period to be copied are transferred as a starting balance sheet values to the first month of the period where the values are attached. Other months are copied as account change values. Without this option, the balance sheet will not be reconciled and only the change values for all accounts will be copied.
6. Source Data level: The data level from which the values are copied (Forecast in this example)
7. Destination Data level: The data level to which the values are pasted (Budget in this example)
8. Backup database before operation: By default, a database backup is made before performing copying. If necessary, the backup restore will be done by Navita Support.
9. The copied values can be commented.
Make sure the selections are correct. Copying starts by pressing the "Copy Data" button.